2015年3月22日星期日

yummy

I need to start off this rant by saying how much I love Trader Joe’s. If you have never been there, you seriously need to drop what you are doing immediately and journey to the closest one.

Everything (and I mean everything) I have ever bought from there has been absolutely delish. Pesto, pumpkin ravioli, coffee, dried fruit, balsamic glaze, these super yummy sesame honey almonds. All of it. Delicious. The latter is a snack I often find myself daydreaming about. That is why I was probably the most excited person in Orlando, maybe even in Florida, when they announced last week that they are coming to Winter Park in 2014! I may as well rent space in the back and move in loan calculator.

Anyways…..back in April, I received an Easter basket (yes, the bunny still brings me things) of all Trader Joe’s goodies. Needless to say, it was the best basket ever. Just to highlight my favorite items: all natural jelly beans, black bean quinoa chips, fleur de sel caramels and raw maple infused cane sugar.

Now that last item I had a few ways that I wanted to use it up. In my coffee for sure, but I also wanted to use it in something baked (obviously). Thus all leading up to my ultimate decision to make these veg-friendly morsels. Not too sweet, just the perfect amount of peanuttiness and still satisfies my sweet craving without all the post-eating guilt Virtual Office Hong Kong.

Vegan Peanut Butter Cookies
(this is half of a normal amount, if you want the full 30 or so cookies, just double)

1 cup + 1 tablespoon flour Business Centre in Hong Kong
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup natural peanut butter
1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 tablespoons maple sugar

Sift together the flour, salt and baking soda. In a separate bowl, combine the melted coconut oil with the peanut butter. Slowly add in the vanilla, sugar and applesauce. Lastly, combine the wet ingredients with the dry, in small increments, until it all comes together. Scoop up the dough and bake for 20 minutes in a 350 degree oven.

没有评论:

发表评论